The museum was founded in October 1929 in Baranovichi as a local museum. At the same time for visitors, the first museum exhibition was opened. The museum had three sections: nature, history, and ethnography. During the years of Nazi occupation, the museum collections were looted.  The main task of the museum is to preserve, to conduct research of historical and cultural heritage of the region, to promote patriotism, pride and respect for the history of the small homeland and the country as a whole, the museum funds contain 59,402 units.

Church of St. Mary Magdalene. 2018
Oil on canvas. 70×70 cm.

Still Life with Iron. 2012
Oil on canvas. 60×70 cm.