THE P. M. DOGANIN ASTRAKHAN STATE ART GALLERY, ASTRAKHAN, UKRAINA
Astrakhan Art Gallery is the first Astrakhan art museum based by P.M. Dogadin who has donated his collection of paintings to his native town in 1918. Since 1924 the Gallery is situated in the three-storied building, the former Plotnikov’s Town Estate, the architectural monument of the 19-20 centuries. The Gallery’s collection consists of more than 19,547 thousand storage units. The most significant exhibits are the pictures by Rokotov, Levitsky, Brullov, Venetsianov, Schedrin, Kuindzy, Levitan, Savrasov, Shishkin, Nesterov, Malevich, Kandinsky, Rerikh, Korovin and others. Foreign Art is presented by the collection of 17-20 centuries (almost 8000).