THE CHUVASH STATE ART MUSEUM, CHEBOKSARY, CHUVASHIA
The Chuvash State Art Museum was founded in 1939 as the Chuvash State Art Gallery after being separated from the city’s regional museum. The museum has over 20,000 examples of works of art, including Russian, Soviet and international pieces. It also has a large collection of Chuvash national art, especially examples of Chuvash decorative-applied art. The building on Ulitsa Kalinina, which runs south of Krasnaya Ploschad, is the main building of the museum and there are also several branches in the city.